The history of TOGU
The company TOGU was founded in 1956 by two brothers. The brothers’ vision was to make a one-piece ball. Today, the family company can provide more than 100 employees with a secure job in Prien am Chiemsee.
The entire production is located on approx. 16,000 m2 in Germany. All machines for production and printing are developed and constructed in the company. Securing jobs therefore has a very high priority for TOGU. Through production in Germany, TOGU stands for the highest quality standards, innovation and reliability.
In addition to the fair production in Germany is produced at the same time to the highest environmental standards. The products are produced in a resource-saving manner, are durable and 100% recyclable.
All products manufactured by TOGU® are:
- made in Germany
- free from forbidden phthalates, plasticisers and heavy metals
- odorless and skin-friendly
- water resistant
- easy to clean and disinfect
- thermoplastic and therefore usable at almost any temperature
- robust and abrasion resistant
- 100% recyclable
“Our drive and passion is to develop and manufacture outstanding products in premium quality and excellent functionality.”
- 1956 Foundation of the ball factory by Toni and Gust
Obermaier with the invention of the world’s first seamless
playball made in one piece
- 1964 The hopping ball is born – until today a toy with fun
- 1970 Development of the first air-filled, and therefore
bouncing medicine ball
- 1983 The large gymnastics balls are discovered for therapy
- 1995 Invention of the Dynair® Ballkissen®: the practical
and popular space-saving alternative to the large gymnastic
- 1998 ABS®: TOGU invents the world’s first and only
guaranteed “burst-proof” gymnastic ball with anti-burst
- 2000 Powerball Extreme ABS® – the world’s safest exercise
ball – patented and burst proof up to 1.000 kg / 2.200 lbs
- 2000 Launch of the Aero-Step®: the first air-filled device for
balance and coordination training quickly enters physical
therapy, professional and health sports. The first educational
concept about sensori motor training for trainers and
therapists is created.
- 2008 Development and launch of the TOGU Jumper®
multifunctional training device. The patented device is used
by international sports stars in prevention and training.
Same time, the popular Brasil® Workout is presented on the
health & fitness market.
- 2013 The Balanza® product series is a perfect combination
of dynamic balls and a stable wooden panel: a new
dimension in sensori motor training.
- 2015 Relaunch of the famous Redondo® Ball with a new
size: Redondo Ball Plus creates new challenge in health &
- 2017 Jacaranda® – The brand-new training concept
combines elements of physiotherapy, fitness and yoga.
- 2018 Balanza® Vario – the future of sensorimotor training for rehabilitation centers and physiotherapy practices. All forms of balance and coordination training combined in one device.