…is your solution with added value
THE SIBA BASIC IDEA
The starting point was my own experience through 10 years of hippotherapy (reason: hip luxation).
The idea to develop a therapeutic saddle then came about through a stroke of fate.
My nephew had a stroke when he was 12 and was paralyzed on one side. That’s how the balance cushion came into play.
More than 5 years of development together with veterinarian, saddler, hippo- and occupational therapists, as well as riders later, with “trial and error” and many tests and measurements, today’s SIBA saddle and the SIBA balance cushion co-developed by TOGU were created.
THE SIBA SOLUTION FOR YOUR THERAPY
Main problems to be solved:
1. pressure points on the thighs due to the conventional vaulting harness.
2. seat position is not in the center of gravity of the horse, which is also not optimal for the seat feeling.
3. imbalance and physical obliquity
4. low physical perception – up to perceptual disorders.
5. the rigid grip. It does not allow moving with the horse’s swing and causes recoils that are not good for the body.
6. the horse is stuck by the girth like in a clamp (so called nutcracker effect) and therefore can not go accordingly extensively.
AFTER WITH SIBA
SIBA idea and solution: The TOGU-SIBA balance cushion as central element of the saddle
Maximum therapy success due to high seating comfort, no pressure points for
client and horse, absolute legroom, client sits more centered and does not slip
Maximum safety and stability.
significant improvements in therapy only through the air cushion:
1. balance – more mobility
2. body awareness, higher concentration
3. erection and much more…
1. balance: Especially through this cushion, the client’s balance is challenged, encouraged and improved. Because through the movement of the horse, the client will beam Air cushion sitting even more in motion. What results in the client’s body being
– perceives even better and
– the body must react to redress this imbalance caused by the physical problems.
Under the motto “imbalance creates balance”!
2. body awareness: through the integrated air cushion and the transmission of the horse’s movements
over the air cushion, especially the physical perception is sharpened.
3. straightening up: if a client sits on an ordinary saddle blanket, as it is the case in conventional therapy, it is usually necessary to draw the client’s attention to straighten up himself.
If he sits on the SIBA saddle, this is created by the integrated TOGU SIBA balance cushion virtually by itself.
The many advantages of the SIBA saddle allow you to better tailor therapy to the needs of each client.
The TOGU-SIBA balance cushion brings a substantial support with certain restrictions/disabilities of the clients, as it was not possible or is not possible up to now.
Your horse goes loose and without “nutcracker” and your clients experience a new feeling – they love to sit on a saddle and feel upgraded by it (statementeines Therapeuten). Faster visible success and better therapy results.
Interviews with experienced therapists, who have successfully used the SIBA for several years in the
– Mrs. Sabrina Lichter, hippotherapist from Luxembourg:
– Mr. Urlich Engler, equine assisted therapy, Switzerland
Keyword: SIBA Hippo Saddle
Author: Christiane Weninger