Text: Gabi Fastner, Lecturer for Sports and Gymnastics
Back fitness – Stable with the Redondo Ball Plus
The popular and most versatile training tool Redondo Ball – made in Germany – in a new size “Plus” (ca. 38 cm Diameter, ca. 500 g). The stability of the Redondo Ball Plus is ideal for exercises in sitting and kneeling and is particularly well suited as a dynamic support surface.
Five exercises to strengthen your back:
1. Hold the Redondo Ball Plus between your lower legs.
Now shift the weight from right to left (alternately load your legs).
2. Step forward, placing the back knee on the Redondo Ball Plus.
Bend and straighten the front knee. Alternatively, keep the knee bent and lift the back toes from the floor.
3. On all fours, with the lower legs on the Redondo Ball Plus.
By straightening and bending of the knees, roll the ball with your legs.
4. Lie on your back and place the Redondo Ball Plus between your lower leg and thigh.
5. Whilst kneeling, put your arms around the Redondo Ball Plus and relax your upper body.
Tested and recommended by the forum: “Gesunder Rücken – besser leben e.V.” (Forum of Healthy Backs – live better) and the “Bundesverband deutscher Rückenschulen (BdR) e.V.” (Federal Association of German Back Pain Prevention).